Thursday 29 June
7:00pm – 9:00pm
Coorabell Hall, Coolamon Scenic Drive, Coorabell
$22.50 pre sale, $30 on the door | Limited Tix
PRE SALE ENDS 11:59am THURSDAY 29 JUNE
How elders can guide adolescents through the turbulence – A public workshop by Robin Grille
Strictly ADULTS only, no children to attend
This presentation is for parents, grandparents and teachers of adolescents – or of soon-to-be adolescents. Although it can be an exciting and transformative life-stage, adolescence can also be full of anguish, chaos and peril. It is not unusual for parents and elders to feel helpless, afraid and disconnected from their young.
Robin Grille – Sydney psychologist and internationally acclaimed author – will share empowering, compassionate and leading-edge information that will help you to better understand your teenaged (and twenty-something!) children. You will learn some practical communication skills for connecting with, supporting and if necessary confronting your young ones. Last but not least, you will find validation and support for the incredibly challenging role of being an elder, role model and guide for our youth.
Topics will include:
- The evolutionary purpose of this distinct developmental stage
- Why behaviour can seem ‘crazy’ at this time of life
- The unique vulnerabilities of this stage
- The life-long strengths that can be developed at this stage
- The amazing changes that take place in the adolescent’s brain
- Understand the devastating impact of shame – and what helps to heal it
- How to unleash the mobilising power of intrinsic motivation
- Vocational healing – how this works
- How adolescent passion can lead to peace and success
- How our honest self-disclosure can act as a guide
- Practical skills for communicating and connecting with adolescents
- How you can tap your own adolescent experiences as a source of wisdom and insight
- How your adolescent chid is growing you up!
Please bring your questions, as there will be time for Q&A.
DOORS OPEN 6:15.
Tea and after dinner snacks available.
Proudly supported by Pregnancy Birth & Beyond Media.
Tune in on Bay FM, Mondays 11am – 12pm with Sally Cusack, Annalee Atia and Lara Martin.