HOLDING FAMILY SPACE IN TIMES OF CRISIS – WEBCAST w/ Q&A
+ UNICEF FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT CHILDREN IN EAST ASIA & THE PACIFIC REGION AFFECTED BY COVID-19
Wednesday 15th April
9AM – 10:30AM (GMT+10) – Available to view until Wednesday 22nd April 9am (GMT+10)
Donation: Name Your Donation (Must be AU$8 or above)
Nb. Please use the $AU conversion when processing your donation. Paypal or Stripe will convert it into your countries currency automatically.
24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE EVENT – You will be emailed a webcast link to join.
Don’t have the money but really want to join us? Get in touch with Luminous Youth.
Luminous Youth and Robin Grille are donating their time and services to the cause.
None of us have lived through anything like this. Environmental emergencies, and now, seemingly, a plague. Our world appears disordered, and we face great unknowns. There is profound distress … yet also immense opportunity. How do we adapt to the unprecedented challenges of lock-down, stuck at home with one another? How do we make the best of the gifts that potentially arise in this new and sudden reality?
Life is asking us to tend to our communication skills as never before. Our skills of grounding and self-listening too. We are called to create new ways of thriving at close quarters, to play and invent.
In this webinar, international speaker, psychologist and author Robin Grille will offer a range of practical skills for holding family space, caring for our young and maintaining loving partnerships through times of crisis. With intentionality and willingness to learn and create, this historic moment may bring forth profound and beautiful changes to our relationships and society that will last long after the crisis has passed.
There will be an opportunity for you to ask your most pressing questions (as many as our time permits). To begin with, Robin will cover the following:
• Help our children with their fears and the rapid change they are experiencing
• The transformative power of deep listening
• Finding and cultivating a strong centre and grounding in the headwinds of scary and confusing news
• Crisis can activate our childhood traumas – how to use these moments for personal healing and growth.
• Intrinsic motivation – bringing playfulness to learning, education, chores and work
• The difference between hope and power – and how to release the latter
100% of profit raised will be donated to UNICEF. Luminous Youth & Robin Grille are both 100% donating their time and services to this cause.
Robin Grille is an international speaker, psychologist and parenting educator. His articles on parenting and child development have been widely published and translated in Australia and around the world. Robin is the author of three books: ‘Parenting for a Peaceful World’ , ‘Heart to Heart Parenting’ and his newest title: ‘Inner Child Journeys’. Robin’s work is animated by his belief that humanity’s future is largely dependent on the way we collectively relate to our children.
Robin’s experiential, skills-based and informational parenting courses have helped many people to embrace parenting as a transformative, personal growth journey. Drawing from 30 years’ clinical experience and from leading-edge neuropsychological research, Robin’s seminars and courses focus on healthy emotional development for children as well as parents; while building supportive, co-operative parenting communities.
To find out more about Robin Grille’s work, his books, articles and seminars visit: robingrille.com
UNICEF is the world’s leading organisation working to protect and improve the lives of every child in over 190 countries and is currently support children affected by Covid-19.
• They protect and advocate for the rights of every child in Australia and overseas.
• They provide life-saving support and protection for children during emergencies and crises.
• They deliver long-term international development programs, including education, nutrition, and health care.
• Focused on reaching the most vulnerable children, to benefit all children, everywhere.
To learn more about what UNICEF’s will do with these raised funds visit: https://www.unicef.org.au/
Luminous Youth is a pioneering Australian based social-enterprise supporting the development of thriving and healthy children and families globally through events, education, inspiration. We are currently volunteering our time in supporting preventative measures for children affected by Covid-19.
• Deliver local and online programs that focus on nourishing the spirit of children aged 4-12 years (Teen program coming soon)
• Deliver physical workshops for children and parents that focus on nourishing the spirit
• Deliver non-denominational spirituality in a fun, engaging and light-hearted manner through workshops, games, play, song, craft, meditations, reflections and more
• Combine modern science and ancient wisdom to create classes with substance and depth and deliver it with joy and a good dose of silliness and laughter
To learn more or join the community visit our online academy here.